So did anybody get CCIE in 2007?

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys, year is almost over and.. Seems like all of us worked so hard this year to pursue our certifications either CCNA, CCNP/VP/IP/SP and most of all the holy grail of CCIE. (not sure if that sounded correct but i always wanted to say that "holy grail of CCIE" icon_lol.gif )

Anyway, so did anybody get their CCIE in 2007???
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tick...tick...tick... :D
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

CCIE #17982- May RTP
  • NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey i'm not sure what i'm impressed by more, CCIE or you actually posting, 16 posts since 2004.. wow :) just kidding ;)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NetworkGod wrote:
    16 posts since 2004
    How do you think he got his CCIE -- he spent his time studying, not posting!

I think post #6 or #7 was his first post here as a CCIE, followed by the flurry of posts with his new found free time. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Darn Mike you beat me to the punch with your comment and oh will we be seeing your number on this thread? :D
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    Darn Mike you beat me to the punch with your comment and oh will we be seeing your number on this thread? :D
    I'd love to have a CCIE # for Christmas.... but with our current deployment schedule and the holiday freeze coming up, it's more likely I'll try to grab a January R&S date. I saw a Dec 17th opening and was really tempted -- but there's no way with work right now.

I'll be happy to either stay under 20000 -- or get 20000 icon_lol.gif
    I hear ya! Any number is really one to be happy with. icon_wink.gif

Hey Mike I was the guy that passed in May when you were in RTP. Remember I had the Bobby the proctor run the grading script for me?
    mikeeo wrote:
    Hey Mike I was the guy that passed in May when you were in RTP. Remember I had the Bobby the proctor run the grading script for me?
    Yep -- you're one of the few people who actually know their score. :D

Have you brushed on on your Cisco Proprietary Routing protocols?

The original thead with this is gone
    mikej412 wrote:
    If someone has sweet talked the Proctor into running the grading script, a group may stick around to see if they have a "lucky one" in their midst. That would take about 25 minutes to run, and if the script says you passed -- you passed. If the script blows up or "fails" -- then a proctor looks at your work -- and probably removes debugging/alias scripts that may have killed the script -- so thats a proctor probably in Tokyo, Beijing, or Sydney -- and we all find out for sure tomorrow (unless its a Friday exam -- then the result probably comes in Sunday).
    but I had quoted it in this thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=146111#146111

So how did you "sweet talk" the proctor? I'm guessing it was just the intelligent questions you asked the proctor during the exam. And maybe a subtle hint that you thought you had it.

Or did you already have the "the look of a CCIE" when you were talking to the proctor? icon_lol.gif

I check the mirror every morning to see if I have that look. But since I also remember your score, I also know how close it can be -- even when you do "have the look."
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well considering it was my 4th time and Bobby knew I was screwed on a IOS issue on my second attempt he was willing to run the script. I wanted to sign the wall of pain and I felt good and figured might as well get it over with.

You know my score , no margin for error :)
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    mikej412 wrote:
    ITdude wrote:
    I'd love to have a CCIE # for Christmas.... but with our current deployment schedule and the holiday freeze coming up, it's more likely I'll try to grab a January R&S date. I saw a Dec 17th opening and was really tempted -- but there's no way with work right now.

I'll be happy to either stay under 20000 -- or get 20000 icon_lol.gif

Man, wouldn't that be a great CCIE # to get - 20,000! No one would ever forget you.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Better hurry up. I think it is up to about #19700+ by now.
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Better hurry up. I think it is up to about #19700+ by now.

*Rolls his eyes* We're being inundated with CCIEs now. icon_lol.gif
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • battlecmdrbattlecmdr Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. So, you arent planning on going for it right?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe the actual number of active CCIE's is closer to 15500. That's not really very many when you consider how long the track has ben going and the hundreds of thousands of folks who have chased it over the years.
    Turgon wrote:
    the hundreds of thousands of folks who have chased it over the years.
    That would have made a good scary Halloween post icon_pumpkin.gif

When you consider the people who have talked about studying (vs actually doing it) for the CCIE, and the ones who actually started studying but then gave up, and the ones who studied and did one attempt and finally realized what they had gotten themselves into, and the ones who gave up after years of study and multiple attempts and sacrifice..... yeah -- I'd believe the "CCIE Wannabe" number is easily in the 6 digit range.
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    um .... my written expired for the second time in 07 ......
    rm -rf /
    battlecmdr wrote:
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. So, you arent planning on going for it right?

Naw - there are so many CCIEs now that the title has become virtually *meaningless*. I'm going to start studyin DOS. That's where the real money is at. icon_wink.gif

I'm definitely going for my CCVP. Dunno about CCIE. I have two small children, one on the way, new job - I don't know if I could take the necessary time out for it. On the other hand, the higher salary would provide for my kids much better, and being a CCIE has a certain mystique and respect about it. I'll have to wait til after I finish my mid-level cert and see. I may be so burned out by that time that merely saying the word "study" will throw me onto the ground, flopping about in convulsions.