CCNA vs Network+

m2r1m2r1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_lol.gif HI FOLKS icon_lol.gif
i have completed my CCNA . now i am looking forward to take security+ its just because i like it. Guyz is my choice good????? and also ,is CCNA equal to Network+.

Comments

• ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe CCNA is more complex than N+...
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CCNA is much more difficult than the Network+. You will learn a few things in Network+, such as Appletalk, that you probably didn't come across in the CCNA, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Security+ is a good choice. I personally like that one a great deal. Have fun with it!

Congrats on the CCNA btw icon_thumright.gif
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNA > Network+
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with the above posts. I think the Network+ does a good job at introducing you to networking concepts, but the CCNA really drives them home and makes you apply them.

I like the Security+..
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    agree with all the net+ vs CCNA comments. I really enjoyed the sec+ studying. I find infosec to be very interesting stuff.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you already have the CCNA you don't really need the Network+ cert, unless you want to apply it to getting the MCSA.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    If you already have the CCNA you don't really need the Network+ cert, unless you want to apply it to getting the MCSA.

I second what he says
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • NetworkheadNetworkhead Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As others said, CCNA > Network +
    Network+ is for complete novice to computer networks.
    Another step closer to my goal.
  • michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    m2r1 wrote:
    icon_lol.gif HI FOLKS icon_lol.gif
    i have completed my CCNA . now i am looking forward to take security+ its just because i like it. Guyz is my choice good????? and also ,is CCNA equal to Network+.

Are you going for Security+ or Network + ? I think Security + is worth going for, and it will be way easier than CCNA. At this point Network+ would be just a waste of time for you.