A big day

ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I'm asking for a raise today. It has been a year since my last evaluation, and during that time I took over a graphic/web designer and continue to be IT administrator within the organization. It's about time to get some more out of it. Will keep you posted. Wish me luck.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    goodluck
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Good luck, if I asked for a raise I'd probably get laughed at. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck and be professional.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I've done it. It was a hard battle but I negotiated well. I got my tuition paid for both fall and spring next year ( around 10K). It's like 25% increase.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Arvean wrote:
    So I've done it. It was a hard battle but I negotiated well. I got my tuition paid for both fall and spring next year ( around 10K). It's like 25% increase.

That could actually be a bigger deal for you than a pay raise, as you won't be the one hit with the taxes.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
    yep, I had the same thoughts. Actually it works pretty nice for me...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Arvean wrote:
    I got my tuition paid for both fall and spring next year.

Sweet! icon_thumright.gif You'll be reaping the benefits of this for years to come!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very nice! Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Can you come and negotiate for me? We're looking at maybe a 2-3% raise this year. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
    phantasm wrote:
    Can you come and negotiate for me? We're looking at maybe a 2-3% raise this year. lol.

heh sure, just let me know where you are and I'll talk to your boss. To be honest I was expecting a raise around 5-6%. What I got is awesome, nevertheless I have a feeling that I'm kinda trapped in this job..you know, they pay for my school as long as I'm with them....
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Finish school then ghost! Congrats man.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    phantasm wrote:
    We're looking at maybe a 2-3% raise this year. lol.
    That's not a raise; that's a cost of living increase. ;)
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    lol maybe where youre from but my last job considered that to be like it would break their business and that a 2-3% should make anyone happy. ishy.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The cost of living increase at a rate of approximately 3-4% each year. If you don't get a raise that is equal to or better than the increase in cost of living, you are effectively making less than you did the year before. I believe that is what he was referring to.