A+ Exams

GX44GX44 Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm new on these boards, just got a couple of questions for you.

I am going to be studying for my A+ certification soon and was just wondering if any of you guys have done all 3 of the exams (other than the essentials)? Is there any benefit to doing the 602/3 & 4 exams?

Also, after I obtain this certification I would like to go on to get my MCSA, what would the best path for this be? I'm also intending on doing a linux exam and citrix at some point but I will be waiting until I sort out other onnes first.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. came across this site by accident, love it already icon_cool.gif
"Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Glad you found us. :)

As far as taking all FOUR exams...no point.

Essentials plus and elective exam of your choice will give you A+ status. So pick one that best fits your career and move onto bigger exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • GX44GX44 Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Plantwiz,

Thanks for the reply...

I wasn't sure if there was much of a point tbh but thanks for the clarification.

Am I right in thinking that if I get the A+ & then N+ certifications this will count as 1 elective for the MCSA? Then I'd only have 3 other exams to sit to be MCSA certified, then a further 3 to be MCSE?

The MS site confuses me sometimes so apologies if this is staring me in the face :)
    "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"
  • 147147 Member Posts: 117
    GX44 wrote:
    Am I right in thinking that if I get the A+ & then N+ certifications this will count as 1 elective for the MCSA? Then I'd only have 3 other exams to sit to be MCSA certified, then a further 3 to be MCSE?

That's the path I'm taking- A+ & Net+ as an elective, followed by the 270, 290 and 291 for MCSA.
    GX44 wrote:
    The MS site confuses me sometimes

Join the club! :D
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
    147 - I like the clash of avatar's we have, heh. icon_twisted.gif

Thanks for the info though. I've not really read much about the 270/90/91 exams, only concerning myself with the A+ for the moment. Do you know if anyone else on here found them particularly difficult?

How long, on average, would you say it would take to obtain the MCSA?
    "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hehe well as you might guess I will have to lean towards GX44's logo more as well. But try and make it a better quality icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GX44 wrote:

GX44, you should know better. That puny little crowbar wouldn't even dent Master Chief's armor ;)

You are partially correct. The A+ and N+ will count as an elective towards the MCSA only. It will not count towards the MCSE.

Everyone knows MS's site is confusing. Just use Google. Searching for MCSA 2003 and MCSE 2003 were both the first results, respectively:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx
  • 147147 Member Posts: 117
    dynamik wrote:
    GX44, you should know better. That puny little crowbar wouldn't even dent Master Chief's armor ;)

Yeah, I thought of that, too, but I figured "This guy's OBVIOUSLY delusional, so why bother bringing it up?"

Just kidding :) ...Master Chief Rules
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
    Thanks for the replies guys...

Yeah I think I worded that weird, I knew the A+ & N+ didn't count towards the MCSE (plus i keep accidentally calling each one the other lol)

I've got my first book through for studying and I'll be sure to add a couple more sources for my studies.

Heh, I've had this debate many times with my friends (one who loves the Master Chief no bounds lol) and me... it never gets old. Freeman is the King
    "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"
  • Gfactor21Gfactor21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know if I used Mike Meyers A+ Cerrtification Passport Third Edition, would this be enough to get me prepared for the A+ 601&602 Exams