E2K3 to E2K7 Address lists question

flames1000flames1000 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I have a question, We are transitioning from E2K3 to E2K7 very soon. Since most of our users are still using Outlook 2003, I’m replicating all the Public folders to the 07 Box with no issues. The question I have here and I’m trying to find some information is that I have to use the force upgrade parameter of the set address list cmdlet. My question is, we will be moving 1 database to the new 07 server and the rest of the users will still be on the 03 server. Will anything bad happen if I run this cmdlet on the 07 server right now, or will the 2 servers be fine with the address lists.

Thanks!

flames1000

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can edit it in both Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. The only thing to keep in mind, is that Exchange 2003 uses LDAP filtering while Exchange 2007 uses OPATH. For now, you can use Exchange 2003 to edit, but you must upgrade your objects to be editable in Exchange 2007.

You can read more here:
    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/11/432158.aspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    Also, have a look here to see what you can manage by using Exchange 2003 and what can be managed by Exchange 2007 during a period of co-existence.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995972(EXCHG.80).aspx
  • flames1000flames1000 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Royal,

I just finished reading the first link then saw that you poseted it. Thanks for the second. We have around 500 people to transition, there will not be anymore updates on the 03 server until after the move, so we should be good.

thanks buddy!

Flames1000
    Cool, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, but make sure you run Best Practices Anaylzer (health check and 2007 readiness) to make sure your source environment is healthy. Check Event Viewer also and resolve all issues!

I'm starting at a client right now getting ready to go from 2000 to 2007. There are so many event viewer errors all over the place, object not found errors in ESM, and so many errors in BPA. And I haven't even checked AD yet. Bleh!
  • flames1000flames1000 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Royal,

Our transition has been going pretty good. We got SP 1 on yesterday and everything seems pretty healthy. I guess i need to ace the whole powershell cmdlets as im a little weak on it, but things will work out. Really like E2K7 though.

Flames1000