Options

Passed 272! I'm finally a MCDST!

RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally passed 272 w/a 746. Just wished I could've made a higher score but a pass is a pass!

Because I failed a few times previously, I had to take a different approach to things. Concentrated more on learning the various skills rather than worry about practice exams. Practice exam scores can be misleading. Did use Sybex along with MS Press and Exam Cram. Was not impressed too much with Transcender last time.

Not sure what's next for me in terms of certifications. Right now, a job would be nice. But, at least I got the "monkey" off my back! :D

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!

Yes, getting the job and gaining experience is the key. You have some certs indicating a good deal of knowledge, but experience is the real test.

My experience was, that once I got a little experience, advancement came rather quickly.

Good luck with your job search!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :)

Feels good, doesn't it?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz!!! :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Gratz!

Ya I used Trancender for the DST and I dont know how they think that's all you need.

It helped me out on a few, but no more than 10 questions per exam I'd say. So, while that can be the difference between passing and failing, I dont see how they can say that could be your only resource and pay for your test if you fail.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    Congrats.
    MCDST is next for me.
    Gave myself a few months after the last cert.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.