Lenovo (IBM) Portables & Desktops Cert - Time crunch!

fredbedrcokfredbedrcok Inactive Imported Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I start a new job tomorrow and they are offering an incentive if I get certified within 3 weeks (is that even possible???)

The details are scarce, but from what I was able to figure out, Lenovo is basically IBM certs. It seems that not many are taking these tests or making the information public as a search of this forum or even googling it doesn't bring up much more info.

Here is what I would like to know:

-Exam details...portables and desktops are 2 exams or 1?
-Difficulty compared to other certs?
-Where can I find practise tests?
-Where can I find any info on this test?
-How come these exams are not listed on this site?

Basically, any information you care to provide would help me out muchly! lol

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    sirdufus wrote:
    Where can I find brain ****?

People do not take very kindly to cheaters around here. If you are looking for **** you came to the wrong place.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • fredbedrcokfredbedrcok Inactive Imported Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, great way to welcome a first time poster to the forums!?! You take one bullet in my post and just decide to call me a cheater? Haven't been in the cert game since the 90's and this is what I get some ignoramus just wanting to '****' on me (pun intended!). Why is it that some people just can't give advice when advice is asked instead of posting negative drivel?

I've removed the offending question from my original post and oh yeah, maybe you should change your sig if you aren't going to allow others to make mistakes as well:
    Well I don't know you and your ethics but asking for material to **** doesn't warrent a warm welcome. Maybe you don't know **** are cheating, but they are and you should instead try to learn the material for the exam. It will really help you in the long run. Try here for some information.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sirdufus, have you checked out this site?
    http://www.pc.ibm.com/training/

In regards to the braindumps, understand that members here work very hard to receive their certifications. When a new member comes in and requests cheating material, the natural reaction is a negative one.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    sirdufus wrote:
    Wow, great way to welcome a first time poster to the forums!?!

Do you think that this gives you free-reign to say whatever you want and not be held accountable in the same way as other members?
    sirdufus wrote:
    You take one bullet in my post and just decide to call me a cheater?

Let's put this in perspective. On your resume, you have an impressive list of certifications and experience. Included within all of that, you have a single bullet-point that says, "I cheated to earn my credentials." Would you also get upset if potential employers decided not to hire you based on that?

Everyone here is an IT enthusiast with a genuine desire to learn and gain knowledge, and we treat other members with respect. If are not comfortable with that, maybe this is not the place for you.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    sirdufus wrote:
    Wow, great way to welcome a first time poster to the forums!?! You take one bullet in my post and just decide to call me a cheater? Haven't been in the cert game since the 90's and this is what I get some ignoramus just wanting to '****' on me (pun intended!). Why is it that some people just can't give advice when advice is asked instead of posting negative drivel?
    When brand new members first mention braindumps, I always give them the benefit of the doubt that they don't understand that using braindumps is 100% cheating, regardless of the accuracy of the info in the ****. It's pretty clear from your first post that you know braindumps are cheating, and this was picked up by the more regular TE members. Their response may seem harsh, but cheating is not tolerated in any form here at TechExams.net. This fact you would have known if you had simply searched the forums using the term "braindump" before you posted.
    sirdufus wrote:
    I've removed the offending question from my original post and oh yeah, maybe you should change your sig if you aren't going to allow others to make mistakes as well:
    Angry, snide, and defensive responses are indication that you were caught doing something that you knew was wrong. How you react from this point on will define your character to all of the members of the TechExams.net community. You are welcome sirdufus to participate in all of the discussions, but only in a civil and ethical manner.
  • fredbedrcokfredbedrcok Inactive Imported Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems like you have all made up your mind about me and my topic is now hijacked to focus on the negative even though I edited my post, removed the offending question, alluded that I made a mistake but still not good enough.

Too bad you don't actually have anything positive to say and you feel the need to exclude me and let me know I'm not welcome here based on one bad comment. None of you have any answers to my actual question, yet you felt the need to post anyway. Oh yeah, maybe I should have been more clear when I said I was looking for more information...regurgitating the vendors website for ibm and lenovo doesn't really answer my question looking for info from others that have taken this cert.

It seems that I won't get any help here because so far from what I see here are cert chasers who just want all the fancy letters next to their names. I've been working in the industry and actually fixing this stuff for a lot of years now, getting a piece of paper proving that I am certified on xxx platform is not really something that you should all get excited over. I've fired alot of paper mcse's and the other bozos that have certs but just don't know how to do anything in the real world.

I came looking for help, instead i found what I usually find in tech forums...people who have too much time on their hands posting just to increase their count. I have better things to do like study and continue my information gathering. Getting bashed is just not something I have time for because I am in fact studying for this exam.

La vie est trop courte pour continuer cette discussion alors je vous dit aurevoir elitistes...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I came looking for help, instead i found what I usually find in tech forums...people who have too much time on their hands posting just to increase their count.
    And we were looking for a new, knowledgeable, contributing member, but all we found was a prejudiced attitude with a big, defensive chip on its shoulder.

J'espère que vous trouverez ce que vous cherchez...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    sirdufus/fredbedrcok/<subsequent name change(s)>, the only thing you've been right about thus far is that this thread has become absolutely useless in getting you answers to your questions. Start a new thread, don't ask for ****, be respectful towards other members, and I'm sure you'll get a significantly different set of responses.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Seems like you have all made up your mind about me and my topic is now hijacked to focus on the negative even though I edited my post, removed the offending question, alluded that I made a mistake but still not good enough.

Well, editing your original words isn't looked upon favorably either. It shows you cannot stand behind your words. What you post represents you.

Asking for cheating material is a bit more then a 'mistake'. Learn from it and move forward. If you care to contribute to the site and study like everyone else...then understand cheaters get called out. If you don't like it....this may not be the place for you.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?