Now that I've got my MCDST

RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
OK, now that I have got my MCDST, there are a few things I am wondering about .....

1. Who do I need to get in touch with about my certificate and making sure my name gets listed and spelled correctly.

2. What should I list on my resume? MCDST or MCDST and MCP? I'm thinking just MCDST since it is implied that I am a MCP. Finished 272 about a year and a half after finishing 271.

Looks like I'll eventually work on 270 next unless someone has a better idea .....

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RD28327 wrote:
    1. Who do I need to get in touch with about my certificate and making sure my name gets listed and spelled correctly.

This should all have been taken care of when you registered for your exams. Are there errors on the printouts or any other information you've received? Contact Microsoft Learning if you need any changes made. You should also update your information with your testing provider if necessary.
    RD28327 wrote:
    2. What should I list on my resume? MCDST or MCDST and MCP? I'm thinking just MCDST since it is implied that I am a MCP. Finished 272 about a year and a half after finishing 271.

I'd list both. Sometimes resumes are automatically searched for keywords. Having both might give you a better chance of being noticed. Unless you're really tight on space, I'd leave it on.
    RD28327 wrote:
    Looks like I'll eventually work on 270 next unless someone has a better idea .....

Maybe give 620 a shot instead since it will count for your MCSA/E as well as the new MCITPs. It depends on what your goals are.
  • RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I've got all my certs and the month and year (i.e. February 200icon_cool.gif listed chronologically with the most recent being listed first. Therefore, I think I will list both the MCP and MCDST.