Options

Certification on .NET 1.1 / 2.0

berginroyberginroy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm planning to take certification in ASP.NET, C#. I've been working in .net for around 5 yrs and more than 2 yrs in .net 2.0. Should i go for the MCP with .net 1.1 or should i take up the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) ?

Kindly suggest and let me know the best resource to prepare for the exam.

Thanks,
Berg

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might want to start preparing for the Visual Studio 2008 developer certifications: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/01/24/visual-studio-2008-certifications.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.

Will be great if you can share any other resources/blog links/forums link.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm really not involved with MS development, so I can't really provide you with much more than that. I just knew the new exams were coming out and wanted to pass that along. I'd pick up the new version of Visual Studio and start acquainting yourself with the 3.5 framework for the time being.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Stick with the current .NET 2.0 MCTS/MCPD exams. There is currently a lot of study material available for .NET 2.0 and very little for the new .NET 3.x exams. A good plan would be to get one or more MCTS certs using .NET 2.0 and then upgrade to the MCPD using .NET 3.0. You definitely need to know .NET 2.0 to get a job as a .NET programmer, but not necessarily .NET 3.x. Forget the .NET 1.x certs (MCAD/MCSD), as .NET 1.x itself is nearing obsolescence.

Also, the MCTS/MCPD exams do not seem to confer MCP status. The MCTS and MCPD certs do not appear on the MCP Certification Requirements page. I will email Microsoft and ask about this.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm planning to take up 70-536 to begin with.
    Could you please suggest me good study material and practise test resources? I read some bad reviews about MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    berginroy wrote:
    I'm planning to take up 70-536 to begin with.
    Could you please suggest me good study material and practise test resources? I read some bad reviews about MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation
    Get the MS Press book and download the errata from the publisher's Web site. Have a look at the 70-536 study materials from Preplogic. Research the individual topics in the 70-536 exams using this link map to the exam objectives. Get lots and lots of hands-on practice writing C# or VB.NET applications and learn as much of the .NET Framework as you can.
  • Options
    Thank you very much. I should appreciate your prompt reply. Very good service.

- Bergin
  • Options
    prarthana.charkhaprarthana.charkha Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks JDMurray. :)

The link to Prelogic study material has most of the organised material to start preparing for the Exam.