Testing on Monday*PASSED*

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
Been reviewing a few things for the last few days, looked at a few different practice tests, watched the CBT Nuggets and checked the Tech Notes here. Figure it couldn't be all that bad; still not sure exactly what to expect though. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Edit: Forgot to ask, can you go back and review questions on this test? I know you can't on the Cisco ones, but have never done a Comptia one.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good Luck on the exam.

All the CompTIA exam I have taken did allow me to go back to questions that I had Marked.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a score of 750.

I must say it was harder than I thought it would be... By a lot. I personaly kept thinking that I failed really really bad throughout the exam. I even kept a tally of the number of questions that I wasn't completely sure on and ended with 27 that I wasn't positive on. There weren't any though that I had no clue about though. The ones I wasn't sure on I could widdle down to two options, but wasn't positive of which one to pick. I only watched the CBT Nuggets and LearnKey videos and read on this site and another though, but have been using linux since Red Hat 5.0. There was a crap load of security type questions on it, few RAID questions, lots of ssh, one subnetting question, lots of the "which service would you choose", quite a few which switch does this.

On to Security+...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    Congrats and thanks for the review.

I'm planning to take this exam by the end of the month.
    I never used linux, not professionally and not at home.
    So for the exam, i installed Ubuntu on my home desktop 3 months ago to really dive into.

I must say i really started to love this OS, so powerfull ans so ...free :)

Are you planning to go further on the linux path (lpic, rhce) ?
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you planning to go further on the linux path (lpic, rhce) ?

Possibly, but probably not at this time. I'm halfway through my last quarter of college so I am trying to get as many and as diverse certs as possible. Finishing 3 degrees at once and qorking on my CCNP doesn't leave much time for anything else. When I do need a break from those I have started studying for the Security+.