Options

CWNA Demand

I'm considering switching over to CWNA mode since I'm bored with my Cisco stuff at the moment. Do you guys think the CWNA is a valuable cert to get, career-wise? A search for CWNA on Dice.com only gives 11 results (then again, a search for JNCIA only gives 13 results). What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    If you want to show some indication of wireless technology interest and learning on your resume then getting the CWNA and CWSP certs are a great way to do it. You might find more job postings asking for CWNP certification on Telecom industry-specific job boards too.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Well I think wireless is a good investment. Three years ago I was turned down for a job because I didn't have any "real" wireless experience. At work I recently deployed 20 Cisco 1242 AP's and I work with it on an almost daily basis. I think it's an interesting and promising technology. It's definently not going away soon.

Planet3 has a deal where you get the voucher ($175 value) + the official book ($50 value) + 240-question online quiz ($50 value) for $199. I'm thinking about doing it.

Plus, I can actually take the test in my town at PearsonVue and not have to drive 90 miles to the nearest Prometric center :)

I thumbed through the official study guide book and it doesn't look very hard. I am just bored with studying cisco at the moment....