MCP

d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I'm a month away from taking a MCP 70-290, and i was wondering, when i pass (if..) is there anything i get from Microsoft to say i have passed? Someone was mentioning a credit card sized card but i wasnt sure if that was just for the MCSE?

Can anyone shed any light on the subject...

Thanks

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll get a certificate and a little wallet card. I'm not 100% but you also get a little lapel pin (no one actually wears them though) and I think that they still give you access to the logos. You do get something.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote:
    You'll get a certificate and a little wallet card. I'm not 100% but you also get a little lapel pin (no one actually wears them though) and I think that they still give you access to the logos. You do get something.

I think they discontinued the lapel pins.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I got one of the new "kits" recently. I think a "kit" is just a fancy word for a "do not bend" package with your MCP certificate.

Just know that after you pass, you have to go to the website a week later and request the kit be sent, it is not automatic.

The wallet card is neat. I got another after MCDST, so it seems that one card will have all your certs on it.

No lapel pin :)
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:

So my pin is worth money now right? ^_ ^ I better quit playing with the magnet then cause I'm stripping the coating off of it. lol
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Unfortunatley my MCSE pin's magnet fell off the day I received it icon_eek.gif The only benefit is that the magnets are strong and my 7 year old boy loves them.. i.e very small but strong magnets.

I guess I will have to walk around with the MCP pin on instead. WHAT YOU GUYS DONT WEAR THEM !!!
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:

So my pin is worth money now right? ^_ ^ I better quit playing with the magnet then cause I'm stripping the coating off of it. lol
    At my previous job a couple of years ago we had the metal, modular style cabinets and drawers. I used to group all of magnets together and throw them at doors and let them stick. You could hear it all over the floor; a loud 'clink' as it hit and stuck to the door. Needless to say, the chrome covering is gone on mine.
  • d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, look forward to my wallet card, some ballons and maybe some cash would be better, but hey, nevermind icon_cool.gif