May 15 will be taking Core

ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any suggestions
wanted to know how many questions are actually on the test . Thanks for any advice or help . :)
Without struggles there can not be progress

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can find all the official information you need on the exam here>>>

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/default.asp
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks
  • theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey i am sure you will do good. i am new to these forums and like everyones advice, i go for my core may 10. i think i will do good i have read mike meyers 5th edition book 3 times and took notes and also been doing practice test on diff sites and been getting from 80-95 percent right. right now i just need to study my cpu's i think thats my weakest point right now. anyway just wanted to say hey to everyone and wish everyone the best of luck on any test they take! i also appercaite all the information i find on here and i read it a couple times for the A+ core and os test which will be very helpful!
    Good luck to you as well I took a class and the hardest part for me is trhe IRQ's but I am using several things to help me overcome this . :D
  • theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea there tough also the i/o's are tough for me but i am sure we will both get it :)
  • evilm3wevilm3w Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am doing my core exam tomorro....but i was surprised to find out about the pass score of 515, we were told that 80% is minimum pass mark. and 515 is not, mayb they were talking about the 2002 exam? of like 700
    neway, wish me luck, i will post my progress

ja ne (see you)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck to all of you examinees! Sounds like you have applied your study time well. And, you all are talking about the last minute things that bugged me too--the simple memorized stuff: IRQs, I/Os.

Only CompTIA really knows how they score those exams. I would say that, somehow, those scores actually reflect a score of 70%.

Relax, and take your time and ready the questions carefully to be sure that you understand. However, a lot of them will be of an easy variety and they will be immediately answered. You will have 90 minutes.
    Use it all if you need to, but relax because 80 questions is a lot of questions.

Again, best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    You can do it!

Good luck for a fellow Marylander icon_thumright.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
    Thanks for your comforting words I will try to do my best and let GOD do the rest . :D:D

will keep you posted I pray that it is wonderful news when I do .
    i took the core exam today, and got 624! wwwhhhheee!!! i am sooo happy!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, evilm3w!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    thankies!
    also good luck to every1 else taking the exam!