Options

Anyone else like this?

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
Since my company pays for the exam IF I pass, I want to make sure I know the material like the back of my hand to be sure I won't have to fork over $250 and have to say I failed. When my gf and I go to the bookstore she likes to ask me questions out of the security+ books there, such as the examcram book. She must of asked me 40 questions from it the other day and I got everyone right and she wonders why I just don't take it now. Bottom line I just don't feel confident yet about some topics. I may or may not be able to pass it now but why rush it? Just thought I would share that. :)
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Do not feel bad about being nervous about taking this test, this was by far the most difficult COMPTIA test I have taken. It covers a very wide variety of topics and the questions on each get pretty granular (for a COMPTIA test). Add that to the high mark you need to pass and you have a very difficult test. Read back a few months in the Sec+ forum and make sure you will breeze by the areas that have troubled others. When you are ready, you will know it. Then go in and ace that SOB!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    If you don't feel confident about a few topics go and pound the books on those topics for a few nights, take a few practice exams to make sure you've got it, and then go jump on the exam. It's scary but doable.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/