Options

Advice pls.

Hi Guys,

I would b thankful if you could give me advice and setup a direction for me.I am a ccna, comptia Network+,security+ and would soon be doing an internship as a security engg where in it is required to have risk assessment, and would deal with some security related issues.

Since I dont have enough work experince ( CISSP and CISM need work exp so does CEH)...CCSP is tooo technial for me since I dont have work exp on cisco now...been 2 yrs since I took ccna

..I dont know which would a better certification for me hence forth which can get me a better job in the new future.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what about CISA ?
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can become an (ISC)2 Associate for either the CISSP or the SSCP: https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=1334

That seems like it would be a good fit for you since you're doing things like risk assessment.

EC Council is pretty lenient with the CEH requirements. Give them a call if you're really interested in that; they might take your certs in lieu of experience. That's a very technical cert though, so it might not be what you're looking for.
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    thanks for your advices....but again CISA requires 5 yrs work exp ...and even after substituions cant get through the entire 5 yrs of exp.

CISSP has the prob...5 yrs exp and with subsitutions cant waive it off.....Well thinking abt SSCP associate.....any suggestions on SSCP
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I fixed the link in my first post, sorry about that. You can become an associate for either the CISSP or the SSCP. Look at the what each exam consists of and do the one that best matches your situation. The CISSP is more managerial while the SSCP is more technical.