Quality Testing Software for Linux+?

JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
What are some quality testing engines for Linux+? I am currently using Cert-Blaster and I am not that impressed. I went to Test-Kings site and it was unclear about what the had to offer in regards to the Linux+. A point in the right direction would be extremely helpful.

thanks

j

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The T-K site is a **** resource. You can check a resource's validity here: http://www.certguard.com/search.asp

Go with Transcender.
  • JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was not aware that was a braindump site. I always thought it was legit.

thanks

j
  • JJbiggleJJbiggle Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So is transcenders the only one that is worth the purchase?
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just use free resources found on sites like this -- Transcender's is overkill for any CompTIA exam, in my opinion. Get good hands on with a linux distro, study the objectives, and you should be good to go.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I prefer Transcender for practice test software, but there are numerous other vendors as well.

I also agree with BeaverC32. The CompTIA exams are basically fact-recall, and practice test software, such as Transcender, isn't nearly as useful as it is for MS exams, where you get the drag-n-drop, Sims, etc., just like on the real exam. Work pays for mine, and I like some of the features, such as where you can retake questions you've answered incorrectly X number of times. If money's not an object, go for it, but it's by no means a necessity.