Opinions on a great Network+ Book

mvitugmvitug Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all

I am going to start studying network+ but i am not sure on what network+ book to get.

Does anyone have an suggestions?

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sybex is the most popular...I actually took this exam pretty much cold turkey. Sorry I cant help out more.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sybex did a good job for me. Compliment that with the Technotes here and you're golden :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Sybex did a good job for me. Compliment that with the Technotes here and you're golden :)

+1 on technotes, so I wasnt quite as cold turkey as stated earlier, maybe luke-warm turkey icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well i am studying for the exam as we speak but i had a hard time understanding the sybex book. my thoughts are that it is intended for person who are already in the networking field as it jumps into certain topics head on without explaining certain things in more detailes.
    for me i would recommended the Que Publishers Exam Prep 2 as its a really good books everything is simply put. and simplicity works for me just fine. Try to get your hands on a CISCO books also as it helps your understanding of the various networking devices.

GOOD LUCK
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I used Sybex and passed it on my first try. The technotes here are huge though....a good review for the couple of days heading to the test.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I was another one who used Sybex.... of course, at the time I had bee working in IT for 6 years and had taken a 4 semester CCNA course back in high school. So the networking concepts covered in the Network+ were not that new to me.