Taking net+ tonight...

ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
Looking forward to putting this one behind me so I can finish my MCSA / MCSE......

Any last minute advice? I've read the tech notes...read a few practice tests.... went through the CBT nugget NET+ videos an have 2 years hands on experience. Hopefully that will be enough....
I always get stressed out and nervous before the test... then during the test I relax after I answer a few questions I KNOW correctly... and then looking back on the test I think about how easy it was. Hopefully that will happen in this case too :P

icon_confused.gif

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Let me know how you do I have to take mine on Friday.

Good Luck and take your time.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    All of your experience should make the test a breeze, I was extremely nervous going in but the first two questions were easy and that sort of got me on a roll. If I could recommend one thing it would be to stop studying like an hour before the exam. It just made me more nervous and probably didn't help. This test was much easier than people make it out to be so I would try not to stress to much.
  • Dodger346346Dodger346346 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know your charts from the study guide on here.. its pretty good, but nothing beats experiance. Good luck to you, although its not the easiest exam, I don't think its weighted very high for companies which is sad... seems like this one is like the Cisco CCENT as I've taken both and I think cisco with the name woudl be more valuable... might want to consider doing that one next because there is nowhere else to go once you net your network+ with comptia in the networking field, only cisco ... so once your done writing that one, study the ccent for a week and go write it.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GOOD LUCK you will do fine. just go out there and rip it to shreds for us who tell be taking soon :D
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    I PASSED!

Scored an 825....

I had more problems with the memorization questions like the 802.x standards and cable lengths and types more than anything else...

definitely brush up on those!!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. Wonderful score
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice score m8 gratz on pass :D
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, not a bad score at all.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Thacker wrote:
    I PASSED!

Scored an 825....

I had more problems with the memorization questions like the 802.x standards and cable lengths and types more than anything else...

definitely brush up on those!!

Congrats on the pass.

Just curious,
    How does someone with 'problems' on 802.x and cable length manage such a score? Those two items are particularly 'standard' and not really up for any grey area.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    I had nothing to anchor that knowledge with is probably why. I had to go straight of memorization for those terms and standards and frankly that is a lot to memorize if you don't have anythign to relate it to in real life. I am well off with troubleshooting and problem solving so I guess that is what got me through it.
    So do you work with networks in your current job?

Just seems odd if for someone who works with networks to not have 'some' exposure to 802.x in any capacity. Let alone cable length. It is what is is, but I do find it pacurilar for a 'network' person to have been sheltered for either (let alone both) of these basic areas.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

Plantwiz wrote:
    So do you work with networks in your current job?

Just seems odd if for someone who works with networks to not have 'some' exposure to 802.x in any capacity. Let alone cable length. It is what is is, but I do find it pacurilar for a 'network' person to have been sheltered for either (let alone both) of these basic areas.

Sorry, I knew 802.3 because I use it everyday.

However... 802.5 for Token ring is something I have never touched.. and probaly never will. However the .11's for wireless I know like the back of my hand.

I had no use for knowing the max lengths of various fiber cable and their standards as I had never been exposed to them or used them. Same goes with max distance on coaxial and the like.

I had no use for understanding the 10base networks or thinnet as that technology was already phased out. I have no use of understanding 10g standards as I haven't used those and prob won't see or touch them hands on until years later. I am 21 years old... haven't been in the field THAT long.
    Thacker wrote:
    [Sorry, I knew 802.3 because I use it everyday.

However... 802.5 for Token ring is something I have never touched.. and probaly never will. However the .11's for wireless I know like the back of my hand.

See, you did know at least some. The way it first sounded was like you'd never heard nor seen any of this stuff prior to the exam. Don't sell yourself short ;)

Max Cable runs are pretty standard and regardless if one uses them or not....there just are not that many to know about.....so I"m going to guess you know more then you let on with cables too??

Sometimes it is good to sound 'new', but other times it can make a person sound too 'new'. Be proud of what you do know. I don't handle a lot of fiber cabling day-to-day, but I'm still familar with the basics.
    Plantwiz
    _____