Options

Profile problem

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
I have a user profile problem at work.

They guy can print to his printer but if he goes to change the printing preferences he gets a message that goes something like this : Some memory address caused a protection fault. Some or more properties cannot be displayed.

I have created a new local and a new roaming profile, but to no avail. I have also deleted and re-installed the printer. I have deleted drivers from the computer and 2003 server and reinstalled them. The printer is a HP Laserjet 5200. The only thing I havent done is change the drivers from PCL to PS. But I dont imagine this would fix the problem. Any suggestions ?

All other users can print and change printing preferences. If I logon to the same PC, and connect to the printer, I too can change the printing preferences. If he logs onto some other PC, he still cannot change the printing preferences. But recreating the roaming profile should fix the problem. But it hasnt. Please HELP>>>
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Can the user change settings while on another computer? When was he last able to change the settings?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    He cannot change the printing preferences even on another computer. But I can change the preferences logged in as myself or the admin on his computer and on any other computer.

He never needed to change the preferences before. It was just that he needed to change them when he wanted to change on A3 paper. So this problem was discovered when he wanted this change....
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like permissions/user rights.....
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First thing i would personally ask would be the actual error returned;

Secondly, try looking in event viewer (eventvwr), this thing is an ultra handy tool!

third, try re-installing the driver, this could be corrupt.

- Note:

ive got a printing problem where i work, its only just happened after a windows update so... Nothing surprises me, honestly!
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese