Passed! (920)

yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Another TechExams.netter passes the CCNA 640-802 exam!

For reference, I scored 920/1000, and started with the Lamelle book, and then did the Odom books in approximately 4 months. Now... time for the CCNP? after a bit of a break !

P.S. I haven't looked too deeply into the CCNP forum on this site, but I wonder if there is a recommended order to take the 3/4 CCNP exams... Like.. in Megaman II.
Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!

Most people move to the BSCI after the CCNA. I'd suggest the BSCI or BCMSN to start. Good luck on the CCNP!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Which one(s) don't require the 3550/3560 switch? :D $$$
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    BCMSN is the only exam you will really need them for. If you have your lab from the CCNA still you could probably move right into the BSCI.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck with the CCNP icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

• anacommanacomm Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!! first off, but secondley was it as hard as everyone says it is???
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anacomm wrote:
    congrats!!!! first off, but secondley was it as hard as everyone says it is???
    The exam was easier than I expected, but there were still a few questions where I was not 100% sure what the answer was. I really liked the different kinds of sims; They were presented in a few different formats, and kept it interesting. There was also a really colorful one: drag and drop things onto a diagram.. it was fun.
  • initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm using the new Lammle book as well. Planning to take the exam in April.
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done mate!!!

Personally I have moved onto BCMSN as the first exam on my CCNP track........ Of course after a slight break :)

Good Luck on your CCNP endevours! :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP