Options

Books?

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
What books are you guys using to study / pass this exam with?

I'm currently looking at buying the MS Press Security+ one... anyone rate it?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Comments

• Options
    ThePistonDoctorThePistonDoctor Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm using the MrGraw-Hill all in one exam guide, and it's pretty good but it will require some further research. I took the tests on this site and couldn't do well after just reading the McGraw-Hill book. I needed to do a little more research but overall I've probably put in about 30-40 hours of study and I feel like I'm ready for the exam. I'll know this week! ;)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Syngress was the best I came across, by far: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4350

You can get the PDF directly from them for $24.

The CBT Nuggets are also useful, if you can afford them.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Sybex as my primary book, and 'passport' as my supplementary book.

overall I say those two books combined were pretty good.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    g_surfg_surf Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I'm thinking of taking my security+ quite soon and have been doing a little research for a suitable book to use and was wondering if anyone has used ALS Security+? I did my N+ with McGraw Hill and managed to pass first time, but am unable to find one for security+ locally.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I am looking at the Security+ to add as an MS elective towards MCSE + Security and looking to find out more about this certification (see how it fairs against others, understand what it covers).

I have the Security+ Exam Cram™ 2 book and from a quick read it all seems to make sense. Does anyone have any feedback on this book?

I see that the Q&A here and over at MCMCSE are well rated (again made sense when I glanced through them). Any other recourse that you can recommend to test against?

Thanks,

Stupidboy.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I have read the Syngress, Sybex and Passport books. Out of the 3 of these, I thought the Sybex was the best for the Security+ exam specifically, however I do feel that the CD that came with the Passport book had the best practice test in terms of how the test is formatted.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Sybex book.
    Technotes on this site.
    Exam Cram 2 practice tests.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.