Options

MCP 70-270 or 70-210?

I'm trying to decide which one I should take, anyone got any suggestions? Most of experience comes with Windows 2K, but I know that Microsft regularly retires old certifications, so I'm worried that if I take the 70-210 it may not be around for much longer.

Oh does anyone know which of these employers are more favorable towards?
"Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I know how you feel. I was stuck on this question too. I cannot see them getting rid of 70-210 for a while. It is still a widely used OS in the corrporate world. I'm going with 70-270 so I don't have to worrie about a upgrade when it does come for a while. Plus, my company wants me to get MCSA/MCSE 2003. Either way, good luck!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There are still lots of companies using 2000. With no End-Of-Life released for 2000, I would go with 210. If you wanted 2003, you could take the upgrades. Plus, better knowledge of 2000, means better knowledge of 2003.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    ICreateLoopsICreateLoops Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-210 still applies to MCSA/MCSE 2k3. Not sure how much longer it will be valid after Longhorn comes up. Thats the main reason why I got my 70-270.
    MCSA 2003, MCDST, Security+, Network+, A+
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Thanks for the thoughts guys, I think I'm going to go with the 70-270 having looked at it a bit further, plus it'll be more challenging for me to learn something which is new to me. :)
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."