Options

20 days until the exam (last minute advice?)

bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
Scheduled CISSP for March 15 in Indianapolis IN.

Any last minute tips icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Get a good night's rest before the exam and eat a good healthy breakfast. Make sure you know how to get to the exam center and give yourself plenty of extra time to get there. Don't forget to bring both of the required print-outs and your identification in order to sit for the exam.

I would definitely recommend taking some practice tests to determine your weak areas and focus more on them with your studies for the final stretch. There are some free ones at www.cccure.org after you register. Don't be afraid to read some books/web documents for areas you need to focus in on even if they aren't aimed at the CISSP exam specifically. Don't let people psyche you out about the difficulty of the exam. If you are well prepared it will be easy for you and if not it will be difficult. It isn't any more complicated than that.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Schluep wrote:
    There are some free ones at www.cccure.org after you register.
    The direct link is http://freepracticetests.org
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    Schluep wrote:
    There are some free ones at www.cccure.org after you register.
    The direct link is http://freepracticetests.org

Very nice, you don't have to register that way. I remember having to register to get the link but never thought to go there directly.
  • Options
    They moved the practice exams to the new site last year. The new site has a much nicer interface than the previous practice exams had.

But I still highly recommend to anyone interested in the CISSP/SSCP/CISA/CISM/GSEC certs to become a registered member of cccure.org. It's a great test prep resource to have.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote:
    But I still highly recommend to anyone interested in the CISSP/SSCP/CISA/CISM/GSEC certs to become a registered member of cccure.org. It's a great test prep resource to have.

Thanks!
  • Options
    While we are on the topic of the cccure.org website I will mention that the flash presentation by Clement Dupuis regarding what to expect for the exam is very helpful if you are not sure what to expect on exam day. It was recently updated a few months ago and is very easy to navigate if you want to skip sections you are familiar with. Seeing some of the questions other people ask on the forums there (non-stop questions being asked) can be very helpful in your preparation as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I do need to review it again. The URL to the presentation posted in the forum thread below is still good, but you need to be registered on cccure.org and logged in to access it.

New CISSP tutorial from Clement Dupuis of cccure.org
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    thanks for the Tips!
  • Options
    damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey......good luck Saturday!