Finally Passed 70-271

HairymarbleHairymarble Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the above exam with a score of 866. This was my 2nd attempt after getting 654 back in May 07. Put my studies on hold for a while after the birth of my 2nd daughter & to say I am over the moon is an understatement.

Now for the silly questions:

Can I use "MCP" after my name now?

Will MS be notified of my pass automatically or do I need to notify them?

Cheers folks

Now for the 272

Comments

• chrisdugganchrisduggan Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass and yes :) MCP status
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass and your newborn daughter.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Just passed the above exam with a score of 866. This was my 2nd attempt after getting 654 back in May 07. Put my studies on hold for a while after the birth of my 2nd daughter & to say I am over the moon is an understatement.

Cheers folks

Now for the 272

Congrats. :)

I can't quite remember what happens after you pass your first MCP but I think it is a case of waiting for an email from Microsoft which will allow you to create an account.

Someone else maybe able to give you better info as I can't quite remember properly now...
    ~Thiassi
  • KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thiassi wrote:

Cheers folks

Now for the 272

Congrats. :)

I can't quite remember what happens after you pass your first MCP but I think it is a case of waiting for an email from Microsoft which will allow you to create an account.

Someone else maybe able to give you better info as I can't quite remember properly now...

I had to call the support center of Microsoft to get my MCP ID. I was supposed to get an e-mail but never got it, so then I decided to make the call.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had to contact them as well. Just contact MS Learning, and they'll take care of you.
  • Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    They didn't contact me for my first exam, but they contacted me after my second exam. I had to email them asking for my MCP ID and they sent me a silly email back saying:

We would love to process your request, however, we will need the following information to retrieve the information for you:

Name
    Address
    MCP ID

So needless to say I emailed them back saying they are idiots and they finally sent me my MCP ID

Anyway, congrats on the pass and your new daughter!
  • MarkieMarkie Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job!!!

Like the other peeps have said in here, you are supposed to get a follow up e-mail from Microsoft. Like quite a few other people, I didnt get this e-mail either. From what I understand, it is supposed to achieve two main things. Firstly, the e-mail will issue you with a MCP ID or at least tell you how to get it. Secondly, by replying to the e-mail, you confirm that your postal address details are correct. Until you confirm your address details, you wont get your certificates sent out to you. I believe, after your first exam, you also receive a "kit" which contains an assortment of goodies.

Ive done two exams now, but still no e-mail. So yeah, I also decided to make a phone call. In my case, being in Australia, I had to call a company called Prometric who is basically an agent of Microsoft. They said they would contact Microsoft on my behalf.

Just a tip, its not a bad idea to try and get your MCP id early on, especially if you plan on sitting other exams. The reason for this is that for subsequent exams, you will actually be asked to provide your MCP id (if you have one), when your booking in your tests. I believe the reason for this is that it ensures that all your results are stored under the one ID (i.e. so that you don't have duplicate records).

If you get that e-mail (without having to make a call), then consider yourself to be one of the more lucky ones.

Mark
    The oxen is slow but the earth is patient!!!!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on a job well done!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com