Options

submitting CEH application today

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Going to try to sit the EC-350 exam within the next 6 weeks max.

I have been studying out of many books, applying my years of experience and blah blah blah. I am pretty sure I will be ready.

If anyone has any tips please feel free to post them.

I know there is a lot of stuff covered so I do not want to leave any stones unturned.

Been practicing as much of the exploits as possible on my home lab. I can't always get them to work, but I am least getting familiar with a lot of the tools that I would otherwise not use. I was surprised that a portion of the tools I use regularly for work.

As a side note, I have been studying for the Cisco IPS exam at the same time as I have been studying for the CEH test.

This has been kind of cool because it is helping me get better at writing and tuning an IPS sensor in regards to some kinds of attacks.
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck. icon_cool.gif

It's always a nice bonus when certification studies help us in our jobs too.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Good luck. icon_cool.gif

It's always a nice bonus when certification studies help us in our jobs too.

I agree 100%.

That is why I decided to buckle down and get my CCNA. I am not really a router admin, but routing is involved is so many things. So getting that just solidified things for me.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.