ITIL Foundation Bridge (v2.0 to v3.0)

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I took the ITIL Foundation Bridge exam today. This is part of my study process to upgrade my v2.0 ITIL Manager cert to the v3.0 ITIL Expert cert.

The purpose of this exam is to qualify holders of an ITIL v2.0 Foundation Certification for the ITIL v3.0 Foundation Certification. It consists of 20 multiple choice questions and you are given 30 minutes to complete the exam. The exam I took was computer based through a company called CSME (this is the testing company used by my training provider). 13 correct out of 20 is the minimum needed to pass (65%).

Unfortunately, I have no idea yet whether or not I passed. It seems pointless to offer a computer-based proctored exam and not provide immediate assessment.

I will update when I receive my score.

MS

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Received the results...I passed 19/20.!

I stand by by prior statement that this exam was much more difficult than I expected....

MS
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!
    This is part of my study process to upgrade my v2.0 ITIL Manager cert to the v3.0 ITIL Expert cert.
    Just curious, what's the other part of upgrading?
    There is a 4 day "bridge" class plus exam that upgrades the v2 Manager cert to the v3 Expert cert...I'm taking it in April after I continuously read the v3 books for the next month....

MS
  • supercooldudesupercooldude Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote:
    There is a 4 day "bridge" class plus exam that upgrades the v2 Manager cert to the v3 Expert cert...I'm taking it in April after I continuously read the v3 books for the next month....

MS
    Congratulations!
    One question though! Actually 2... Is the "Foundation v2->v3 bridge" a requirement for the "v2 Manager -> v3 Expert bridge"? Or did you take it just to see how it is?
    --
    SCD
    eMeS wrote:

MS
    Congratulations!
    One question though! Actually 2... Is the "Foundation v2->v3 bridge" a requirement for the "v2 Manager -> v3 Expert bridge"? Or did you take it just to see how it is?
    --
    SCD

According to the ITIL Official Site the Foundation v2 to v3 bridge is not a requirement for the v2 Manager to Expert Bridge. However, my ink cartridge selling training provider indicated during the 1 day bridge course that it is, and when I went to the v3 unveiling last June, the people there indicated that it was as well.

Here's the pertinent link:

http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3CreditSystem.asp

I took the Foundation Bridge primarily as part of my preparation for the ITIL Expert exam in April, but also to get exposure to the bridge course because I will probably be teaching them soon.

MS

MS
    eMeS wrote:
    but also to get exposure to the bridge course because I will probably be teaching them soon.
    Aha! Now that makes complete sense to me.

SCD
    Rereading your posts, I couldn't help it wonder...
    Having Foundation v2 at hand, would it be wiser to do Foundation v3 instead of the v2-v3 bridge?

SCD
    Rereading your posts, I couldn't help it wonder...
    Having Foundation v2 at hand, would it be wiser to do Foundation v3 instead of the v2-v3 bridge?

SCD

If it were 1 year from now I would say definitely "yes".

However, given that the transition to v3 is going slowly, if ITIL is important in your organization then it is most likely v2 at this time.

Unfortunately, the answer is "it depends"....The v3 tests for Foundation are definitely more difficult than v2...

Hope this helps,

MS
  • sholdensholden Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have any study guides for this bridge course?

Thanks,
    sholden wrote: »
    Does anyone have any study guides for this bridge course?

Thanks,

I don't know of any that exist. If you are taking this course, you should receive everything you need there.

MS
  • ITILTRAINITILTRAIN Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All excellent posts. Let me share with you the facts behind the V2 to V3 Foundation Bridge program and the V2 to V3 Service Manager Bridge program

1. In order to be eligible to enter any V3 Certification program you must have your V3 Foundation certification. Some go through the Foundation bridge program (APMG the governing body has just upgraded this class from one day to 2 days) others go through the complete V3 Foundation class. Both options are available online so there is no need to ever go to a classroom. Standalone and Buldle solutions are available with pricing ranging from $95 to $570 per student

2. V3 Service Managers Bridge requires that you have a V2 Service Manager certificate or 17 credits in other ITIL certifications. You must sit a course to take the exam. Once again this class is also offer online so no need to travel or take time away from the office and family.....price is $760 per student

3. There is an online ITIL credit calculator (http://www.itil-officialsite.com/itilmapping/v2/map.asp that will help you figure out what you need from a V2 and V3 certification point of view to get to ITIL expert

rick
  • niks83niks83 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi eMeS,

I saw your old post saying that you've cleared the ITIL Bridge Foundation course. I need your assistance in clearing this exam as I see myself in the situation as were in.....I've V2 Foundation certificate with me and now want to appear for V3 Bridge Foundation course. Can you guide me some book, which need to be referred for these 20 questions to have good score of 19/20 :)

Thanks,
    Niks
    niks83 wrote: »
    Hi eMeS,

I saw your old post saying that you've cleared the ITIL Bridge Foundation course. I need your assistance in clearing this exam as I see myself in the situation as were in.....I've V2 Foundation certificate with me and now want to appear for V3 Bridge Foundation course. Can you guide me some book, which need to be referred for these 20 questions to have good score of 19/20 :)

Thanks,
    Niks

I took a bridge class for this that was one day long and included the courseware. I don't know of any specific book that I would recommend to you other than what was provided in a bridge class. You should receive the material you need in your course as well.

Best of luck, and please let us know how you did.

MS
  • niks83niks83 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks emes for your quick response !! How much were you charged for this class and who was the training provider ? I am not able to find any training provider of this course in Indianapolis.
    niks83 wrote: »
    Thanks emes for your quick response !! How much were you charged for this class and who was the training provider ? I am not able to find any training provider of this course in Indianapolis.

I don't recall the cost at the moment, but it was under $500 and was offered online. The training provider was HP.

MS