70-291 Books

I am currently studying for the 70-291 exam but concerned that my MS Press book does not cover any WSUS, the book is old now but still covers the majority of 2003 networking. I was hoping someone would clarify for me if the latest MS Training Book covers WSUS as i cannot find anything about the contents.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Download it and play around with it: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466202.aspx

That's the best way to learn. While v3 is out, I believe the test is still using v2. There's really not that much to it, but you'll get tripped up if you haven't spent any time with it.
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I have the 2nd edition of this book, and though I haven't read all through it, it does look as though there are maybe 10 pages or so on the subject of WSUSv2. I haven't taken the exam so I don't know if this is enough (I doubt it!) or even if the exam covers WSUSv2 or v3?
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    I've taken 291 (and failed!). It does have a lot of WSUS questions on it. The MS Press book is good for most of the exam, but does drop the ball on WSUS. I would consider getting another book that fills in the info. Plus just downloading it and playing with it helps a bit too.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I don't believe any of the Microsoft core exams for MCSE 2003 ask questions about WSUS, but instead ask questions about the horribly outdated and ironically no longer supported SUS. I could be wrong though.

I know it was like that for 70-292 for me when I took it the year before last.

If others who have taken this exam more recently can verify one way or the other, please do.
    Good luck to all!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've seen many people say they were tested on WSUS v2, and there have been murmurs of v3 questions going into circulation as well. I don't think the 2000 upgrade exams have been given the same update treatment since they are expiring so soon.