Options

What do you need to pass

sarah34745sarah34745 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know this has been brought up a million times, I'm sure, I just want to know as of May 2004, what is it you need to JUST pass?
In march of this year I emailed someone at CompTia and they told me it was a 646-900. I'm not even sure of what that means. (68%?) icon_rolleyes.gif
Then I read on here and other msg boards, that you need a 71% or 71%.
But...if someone has wrote the exam lately, could you tell me what YOU needed to JUST pass? It would mean a lot.
Thanks a bunch :o
Ambition makes you look pretty ugly....
Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I took the exam last month. You need to get a 646 to pass. I think it was a 71%, but I could be wrong. It's not a hard exam to pass. You will find it easier than the A+. Everyone who I have talked said that as well. Best off luck. BTW, what is that picture suppose to be?
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Are you sure its a 71%?Because I thought and was told it was only 68% or so...whatever whats another 2-5 extra points

that picture is of Ganesh. A hindu God, he is the remover of obsticles, and brings good luck. It's kind of cool because he is made up of all OM symbols.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900. The minimum passing score is 646. If all 72 questions are rated equal, you get 11.1111111 per question (800/72). That would mean you need roughly 49 questions to pass (546/11.11111111), 49 is rougly 68% of the 72 in total.
  • Options
    you da man icon_lol.gif
    Thanks a lot
    I'm supposed to write it soon, but I keep procrastinating.
    Plus I live In Nova Scotia Canada, and there are only 2-3 places I can write it, and it's always booked, and its over a 3 hour drive from hom