Options

691 Score, meh

iMigraineiMigraine Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my Network+ exam and I can finally relax for a bit. Granted my score was not phenomenal but I can certainly live with it.

Thanks for this site and especially Johan Hiemstra for putting together the Network+ Study Guide.

For those who would like to know what I used:
Network+ class offered at my alma mater (Sats & Sun)
We used Sybex Network+ Study Guide 4th Edition ISBN 0782144063
Network+ 2005 Q&A by Chimborazo, LLC (Not that good)
Measure UP software
Exam Cram 2
Train Signal's CompTIA Network+ with Chris Bryant
Wikipedia
Flash cards; my own (Muy important!)

I must say that the text book was good even for being old. The Measure UP software & Exam Cram 2 are basically the same questions and they are ok for studying. A minority of the questions looked a lot like them too (I'm not saying which ones ;) ) Flash cards are indispensable tool for memorizing information. They helped me through college too!

As for the Network+ exam:
Many posts here said that the questions are very poorly written (wordy). I noticed only four questions out of 85. Also, some mentioned that they felt the exam was mainly Novell & Apple based questions. Well, I studying like mad to cover all bases and I only had four questions that covered Unix & Novell. I'm NOT suggesting that one should not study for them as well as Apple. It just proves that the Network+ exam questions pool changes frequently. Besides I don't regret knowing more about various NOS.

I did have about three questions that hit me from out of the blue that I never remember reading. Those questions might have been the non scoring questions CompTIA mentions at the beginning of the test.

So I wish all of you future Network+ exam takers the best of luck, but remember there is NO substitution for hard work!

Comments

• Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATZ ON YOUR PASS
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Congrats!!!!
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    Yes!

icon_thumright.gif Great Job!
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    iMigraineiMigraine Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks to all!

Now, I need to start working on updating my resume.

The plan is to (hopefully) have my future employer pay for training.