How many can you miss to still pass?

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Just wondering how many questions you can miss on the net + Exam to still pass. I am getting ready to take it in a month...very nervous. Would love to take up the offer on the cheap exam till may 23 but i dont want to rush it at all.
Thanks icon_lol.gif

Comments

• TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    As I understand it the questions are graded on their difficulty level, I may be wrong, also as I just recently took the exam they mentioned that there may be some unscored questions which comptia uses to evaluate questions for future exams. So best not to skip any if you can avoid it.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    From what I figured out, you have to get a 71% to pass. So I think it's somewhere around 18....maybe 20 that you can miss. I would shoot for less than 10, if you can help it. Better to be safe.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Can I ask how you arrived at 71% ? It's not that I doubt you, it's just that I'm a bit confused about how they score. From what I understand, the test is graded on a scale from 100 to 900, and the minimum passing score is 646. Well, if you adjust that to a "normal" 0-800 scale, it's like 546/800, which is around a 68%.

I've heard the passing percentage marked as everything from 68% to 81%. I highly doubt hte latter (that's a pretty high mark), but I'm not sure about the specifics. I suppose that it really doesn't matter in the end, but I definitely hope it's not like an 80%...
  • sarah34745sarah34745 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's wierd how network+ is somewhat out dated i guess, and need a low mark to pass...and for the CCNA certification you need at least an 85% to pass,and you're graded as you go i think...but i'm going to be writting the older CCNA 640-607, not the one with the bridging exam. A good site for the CCNA is http://www.celticrover.com/tig/ccna/ccnareviews.asp
    he has the old and new material
    Ambition makes you look pretty ugly....
    Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy