Network admins!!! we are No.1

CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
morning all .... You'll not regret your choice as network admin.

check this link
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/02/20/cb.top.jobs.top.industries/
. : | : . : | : .

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool! This is reassuring after all the industry frustration going around the board. I guess once your in, your in like flinn. If you can't get in, then you have a hard road to hoe.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    yeap im one of them too :)
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am as well
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    actually, net admins are #5 in the IT category
    CNN wrote:
    5. Network and computer systems administrators
    Projected growth by 2016: 27 percent
    Median annual salary: $62,130

better than nothing though! Any time I see 'Growth' next to my job title, thats always a good thing.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I never put much faith into these types of articles, not trying to be pessimistic but I have seen them before.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    I never put much faith into these types of articles, not trying to be pessimistic but I have seen them before.

BOOOOOOO! icon_lol.gificon_jokercolor.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    sthomas wrote:

no one side this is a fact. But sometime predictions are correct icon_cool.gif
    . : | : . : | : .
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is definitely understandable given the nature of the global nework we live in now. Heck, my cellphone can communicate to my home PC via the world wide web. That's incredible. As the technology spirals out of control it opens up more and more jobs and provides plenty of room to grow. People are now starting to see data communications on the same level that they do the electric company. It's something you "have" to have. For proof look at the harsh impact the under-sea cables had on Egypt and surrounding nations. As people become aware of the role that data communication has in their lives the more inclined they are to both respect and "promote" the value of administrators.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I agree with Paul. Everything is moving to an IP based structure. Soon everything in your house will have an IP address and that means more to manage for networking professionals, which equals more jobs! I'm very happy with the career that I have chosen. Not only is it what I enjoy doing now, there is plenty room for growth in the future.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Word. I also feel very fortunate that I have a true passion for networking. I can't wait to be able to actually have a hand in new technologies..I really want to get more into VOIP and Wireless..I think those are going to be huge markets.