Options

ADSM access error

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Hey Gang,

I am having a strange issue. I have a PIX 5505 and my client had the ASDM Launcher configured for accessing the Firewall. But another contractor did some work over the weekend, and now I am no longer able to access the PIX via the ASDM Launcher, I get a time out error, but I am still able to access the device via Telnet. I Telnet is not the best practice, but I did this as a test, only to see if the PIX was still able to receive connections, just making sure the contract didn’t lock the device down.

Now I have read in the past, not sure where, but if you configure the device originally with the ASDM Launcher, it was not recommended that you access the device via SSH or other remote ways. The article just said that errors my result. Not sure how true or accurate this is, just trying to remember what the article said.

What are my options to troubleshoot, or to continue on?

Thank you,
Dat
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    is there http 0.0.0.0 inside?

do you need to reinstall java?
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    Aquabat wrote:
    is there http 0.0.0.0 inside?

do you need to reinstall java?

Yes, the ip address of the interface is the inside address, and i am on local network. You think a java reinstall would do the trick, didn't know java was behind the ASDM Launcher functions.

Thank you,
    Arrakis
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    There could be an ACL on the ASDM

and the firewall itself could be clocking 80, 443 or whatever port or IPs your trying to access the ASDM on.

If you can telnet into the devices check the config there to see if it has changed.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    liven wrote:
    There could be an ACL on the ASDM

and the firewall itself could be clocking 80, 443 or whatever port or IPs your trying to access the ASDM on.

If you can telnet into the devices check the config there to see if it has changed.

hey thanks for the ideas...Logged in and noticed that the contractor changed the port on me with out telling....#@%$@%^%

Thanks for the help...

Cheers!!!!
    Arrakis
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    beat his a$$
    i herd u leik mudkips lol