snmp

livenliven Member Posts: 918
I don't see SNMP listed any where in the exam blue print, however it is covered on the older exam materials I am using.

Does anyone recall if it is necessary for the new version of this exam?
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Which exam?

Remember is can be stuffed under all sorts of topics like admin, reporting, logging, management, troubleshooting, etc

And Version 3 can make it a generic "Security" topic icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    mikej412 wrote:
    Which exam?

Remember is can be stuffed under all sorts of topics like admin, reporting, logging, management, troubleshooting, etc

And Version 3 can make it a generic "Security" topic icon_lol.gif

Ya good point....

Studying for the IPS test right now...

Just trying to figure out how deep I should go. I know I need to leave no stone un turned, but I didn't see SNMP stated on the blue print.

I will go over the stuff, but I am not going to get to crazy about it (SNMP for this test).

Thanks!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just took a peek at the 642-532 blueprint.... and the snmp tasks listed weren't all that complex or complicated.

Then I noticed the size of the task lists in the 532 version vs the updated 533 exam -- someone did get carried away on specifying tasks for the older version of the exam. icon_lol.gif

If you can spell snmp and configure the sensor to support snmp, you probably know enough icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    mikej412 wrote:
    I just took a peek at the 642-532 blueprint.... and the snmp tasks listed weren't all that complex or complicated.

Then I noticed the size of the task lists in the 532 version vs the updated 533 exam -- someone did get carried away on specifying tasks for the older version of the exam. icon_lol.gif

If you can spell snmp and configure the sensor to support snmp, you probably know enough icon_lol.gif

hahahhaaa

You crack me up!!!!

I can certainly configure the device to use snmp, and I have done plenty of non cisco SNMP work so I feel pretty good about this.

I think there are much bigger fish to fry.

Thanks!!!