Options

can anybody help with this boot problem?

peppereyespeppereyes Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
i got a 1200 AP and it's stuck when booting i need this c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2 can anybody help?

thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    peppereyes wrote:
    i got a 1200 AP and it's stuck when booting i need this c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2 can anybody help?

thanks in advance guys

Is there an error msg displayed on the boot process?

Need more information.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you need that specific IOS file -- get it from the Cisco Downloads - Wireless Stuff page. Just like the Cisco Switch IOSs - you can download it with a guest level access account.

If your access point isn't booting, but has another IOS image available on the flash you may want to check the AP docs to find out how to tell it to boot from that image instead (or tell it to boot from any image it finds on the flash).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lately due to Cisco modifying the crap out of their website, many of the new images released
    that have 3des/aes cryptography are not avaliable for guest level download.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So is navigating their site harder than the CCIE now?
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    From December 20th, 1996.
    http://web.archive.org/web/19961220164811/http://www.cisco.com/

I actually remember the "make friends at cisco" logo!!! Is that bad?

The modifications have to do with the cryptographic laws that many people disregard.
  • Options
    the link isn't working and i cannot find the file anyware on the site icon_sad.gif could readly do with a ftp download or could somebody email it to me plzzzzz i know it's alot to ask but realy stuck

thanks
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    peppereyes wrote:
    the link isn't working and i cannot find the file anyware on the site icon_sad.gif could readly do with a ftp download or could somebody email it to me plzzzzz i know it's alot to ask but realy stuck

thanks

That's not allowed..
  • Options
    Well it seems like Cisco has made several changes do their site, check back in a week or so
    and maybe they will fix it. If not then I guess it would be safe to say then that they removed
    guest level access to wireless ios software.

They may do the same for switching software, so people may want to take advantage of
    getting it while they can.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thi link is working again -- but I can only find c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA3 available for download -- and that has a Service Advisory about using it. All the other version available for download seem to be newer.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    just to let you know i got the firmware and i had to rename it and overwrite the image on the AP as soon as i done that and connected it to my switch it worked perfect.

peppereyes