Options

New user

NuriNuri Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, i'm new in this forum. I:m studying for the OS eexam to become A+ certified. But i;m very nervous about the exam. I"m still reading the materials from my class, but it seems a lot to memorized. I put together a table with all the OS and "how tos" for each chapte. Do yuo think this will help, and/or should I study behond the differences between them?

Any tips are well appreciated!

Thanks

Nuri

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can never study enough. I would rather be over prepared, than under. Passing the exam is free, failing costs more than money.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Nuri,

I know the feeling. I also took A+ classes. The amount of material covered for either A+ exam is almost staggering--especially if you're not very experienced in over-all PC troubleshooting and configuration.

Don't get anxious about taking the exam until you're reasonably sure that you have a practical grasp of the material. In class we installed most of the systems covered, but I got copies of all the OSs covered and installed and practiced with them several times after the class was over. That opened my eyes to a lot of what I was studying.

Unless you're depending on the cert for immediate job advancement, or it's required in order to keep a job that you have, take your time to really learn A+ and don't just study to get a cert, but use it as a tool to become experienced and capable in entry-level IT work.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki