Network+ PASSED .... by a hair

416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
Holy smokes (takes a deep breath) ...what an exam!!!
Passed with a score of 554 not happy with the score at all but glad I don't have to take it a second time.

I studied all month (February) read the WHOLE Mike Meyers All-in-One Network+ Certification book around 650 pages (thing is like a telephone book!) and read parts of the Network+ Sybex book.

After finishing the Mike Meyers all in one book, I've been doing mock exams which came with the book and was getting about 80% on them.

But during the test today, I was hit with alot of situational questions, some novell and apple stuff, media type of questions, but the situational questions were the tough ones. They take a bit longer to answer and I had to read it 2-3 times trying to understand it because the wordings were kinda hard to understand.

Overall I'm glad I passed but I feel like I need to review the stuff again icon_sad.gif

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • spartensparten Banned Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats...yeah the wording does seem more difficult to understand than the a+ test. i think thats was part of reason what threw me off.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    you probably DONT need to review, the test is just that tricky and irrelevant. I'm sure you wouldnt have scheduled it if you didnt think you knew the material.
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah it was tougher then what I expected, and some of the wordings were very confusing. icon_confused.gif
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    416_guy wrote:
    But during the test today, I was hit with alot of situational questions, some novell and apple

They asked you a Novell question???

What the ipx would they do that for?

Oh well, don't worry about the score.

CONGRATS!!!

:)
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATZ ON YOUR PASS.

WHATS UP NEXT FOR U?
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
    What's next...I have two things in mind right now, MCP 70-270 or CCNA.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    A pass is a pass.... I've gotten the minimum passing score on exams in the past... I was very pleased just have passed the exam.

Congrats, and good luck on the next exam!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job on the pass!

Net+ is a very esoteric test. Anything you missed won't matter, except for subnetting. Move on to the next subject. I recommend avoiding comptia.
    -Daniel
  • bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Don't worry about the low score, move on to the next cert.
    I hope the Cisco CCNA test is not as wordy as the ComTIA tests
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    416_guy wrote:

icon_eek.gif

If you think the CompTIA exams are wordy, the MS exams are going to make you cry!
    dynamik wrote:
    416_guy wrote:

icon_eek.gif

If you think the CompTIA exams are wordy, the MS exams are going to make you cry!

oh no way!!!??? icon_cry.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, the CompTIA exams are straightforward and succinct, compared to Microsoft (and even Cisco) exams. Congrats on the pass, and good luck on whichever test you decide to take next. A word of advice, though: if you're planning on doing MCSA/MCSE, I'd shoot for 70-620 instead of 70-270. While the XP exam counts as your client OS requirement for MCSA/MCSE, the Vista exam counts towards both MCSA/MCSE as well as MCITP.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote:
    Yup, the CompTIA exams are straightforward and succinct, compared to Microsoft (and even Cisco) exams. Congrats on the pass, and good luck on whichever test you decide to take next. A word of advice, though: if you're planning on doing MCSA/MCSE, I'd shoot for 70-620 instead of 70-270. While the XP exam counts as your client OS requirement for MCSA/MCSE, the Vista exam counts towards both MCSA/MCSE as well as MCITP.
    Thanks for the tip!