G'Day Guys!

ardenarden Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Arden and I am a Cisco Instructor and network consultant from Melbourne, Australia. I teach CCNA, and CCNP courses and I am busily working towards my CCIE (R&S - 66 days to go for my lab!). Working through the Internetwork Expert lab books at the moment for preparation.

I found this site when someone linked to my blog from here, thought it looked like a great place to meet and share knowledge. Looking forward to getting to know everyone around here and helping out as much as I can.
Arden Packeer
Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI #31090)

http://ardenpackeer.com

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome. I'm a big fan of your blog. I'm really glad to see the more experienced folks come around here. It's a huge help to everyone else, and It's always good to associate with like-minded individuals. Keep up the awesome blog.

For those that haven't checked arden's blog out, it's a good read.

http://ardenpackeer.com/

Edit: Just noticed it's in his sig...oh well....double the publicity :)
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome. :)

Pretty informative board, this is.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • ardenarden Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the plug Mrock4! if you are down in Melbourne I owe you a beer! :D
    Arden Packeer

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Welcome to the forums!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    arden wrote:
    Thanks for the plug Mrock4! if you are down in Melbourne I owe you a beer! :D

I might take you up on that!!
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Welcome! Good luck on your lab! Have you used any other Vendor's material?
    Thanks MrD! :)

I have IPexperts Lab book and Proctor guide version 9. I found that they weren't as thorough as the Internetwork labs, and the proctor guide was littered with errors. There was heaps of lab "tricks" in IPexpert, but I think the Internetwork expert labs concentrate on the Core concepts a lot more.

A friend of mine did the IPexpert bootcamp and raved about it, which is what led me to get the IPExpert Lab Book. It was the material I started to prepare on, but if I had to start all over again I would definitely start with the internetwork expert stuff. I think for someone starting out, they are more oriented to self study, whereas the IPexpert workbooks would be useful later in the game, after a bootcamp or similar.

The internetwork expert solutions given to the labs are very well documented. Its a great learning experience just read through after each lab as they really guide you through the solution.

Anybody else tried a few vendors? I'd be interested to know what everyone's opinions of the other vendor materials.
    Arden Packeer

• APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    woohoo another aussie!!!! Welcome to the forums :)

Good luck on your lab!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I've stuck with IEWB myself. Their advanced_tech labs were outstanding when I first started preparing for the lab. I then went onto their core labs and then into their full 8 hr labs. I definitely recommend them to everyone. If I don't pass the lab this Friday I'm going to try another vendor out just for a different view/feel. I'm unsure which at this point however.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums.

Don't worry about all the little tricks it's not like that. I tried an audio bootcamp from IPExpert and found it totally boring and worthless. Too much on "think about this" and "worry about that" and not enough content. I only made it through 2 hours.

When I passed I didn't read the whole lab. I read the L2 parts, redrew my diagram, then organized the tasks into the correct order for L2 and off I went. Correct order is important within the section but not so much between the sections.

Good Luck!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Welcome to TE.net.

Australia is a great place.. I've been to Perth and Sydney. Enjoyed it all.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    arden wrote:
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Arden and I am a Cisco Instructor and network consultant from Melbourne, Australia. I teach CCNA, and CCNP courses and I am busily working towards my CCIE (R&S - 66 days to go for my lab!). Working through the Internetwork Expert lab books at the moment for preparation.

I found this site when someone linked to my blog from here, thought it looked like a great place to meet and share knowledge. Looking forward to getting to know everyone around here and helping out as much as I can.

Nice to see you here Arden.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    An Aussie joins the board with Gday in the subject. I think when I joined the board I put "Hello Chaps" somewhere i my post. It's like all stereotypes come true on the forums!

On that note, welcome!

Ill take a look at your blog, looks good!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome! The more guys like you around here, the more knowledge can be shared. Nice to see more knowledgeable guys coming around to give and receive.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Oh great. Another TechExams member that's smarter than me. icon_lol.gif

Welcome to the forum arden, and thanks for a great blog. Good luck with the big, bad lab; you know we're all hoping to see that magic number after you name, once the big day's come and gone.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forum! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Oh great. Another TechExams member that's smarter than me. icon_lol.gif

Must... resist... smart-alec .... comment.... here..... icon_lol.gif
    Phew! I couldn't do that to Slowhand, he's a good man. icon_cool.gif

Welcome aboard arden, nice to see the forums attracting high caliber folks such as yourself. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome Arden. Looking forward to your input. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

All welcome's Ditto'd :D

And what are you doing posting, looks like you have a lab in 3 days, back to the machines!
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Welcome Arden !

Good luck for you lab attempt ;)
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    Welcome :)
    I've just moved to Melbourne! Great city.
    Thanks for all the welcome guys!

Mr D: Good luck for the exam mate! Lets hope we get to see some CCIE digits next to your name soon!
    Arden Packeer