Options

new ccna curriculum and packet tracer 4.1 with ospf out!

ccnacertified2000ccnacertified2000 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just logged into the network academy website today and lo and behold theres a new ccna curriculum out!
its called ccna discovery and the other is ccna exploration. Its got a whole new interface to it.
Theres also packet tracer 4.1 out. it has ospf and some other stuff. you can download it in the front page after logging in. it looks like the old download but its a new version after you download it.

Comments

• Options
    xshapexshape Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm using it right now, but seems it does not support OSPF.
  • Options
    ccnacertified2000ccnacertified2000 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    xshape wrote:
    i'm using it right now, but seems it does not support OSPF.
    you sure u using the right version dude? You have to go to the cli to use ospf, theres no gui equivalent. you have to have an up interface before you start ospf, so you can use a loopback or a real interface.
  • Options
    xshapexshape Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry, yes you right it support it, but the interface have to be up before using it as you said..
  • Options
    jordanwbjordanwb Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes PT 4.1 does support OSPF but not as well as it should. Right now in networking class (I'm in Highschool, we're doing OSPF right now), we have two networks (one is area 0 , and one is area 1). We're going to connect them together. I tried to copy it in PT but I can't have an area other than 0.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    jordanwb wrote:
    Yes PT 4.1 does support OSPF but not as well as it should. Right now in networking class (I'm in Highschool, we're doing OSPF right now), we have two networks (one is area 0 , and one is area 1). We're going to connect them together. I tried to copy it in PT but I can't have an area other than 0.

The CCNA curriculumn focuses on Single Area OSPF. You'll only be working with Area 0 until you get to CCNP.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    jordanwbjordanwb Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh. That sucks.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Phantasm,
    I found in ICND2 books that there's OSPF multiple area. I guess it is part of the new CCNA curriculum.