Options

Computer Security Analyst Salary?

zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
Hey guys,

I am just kind of a little stressed out and not sure if I should be or not. Here is the deal....

I live in the Denver Colorado area and I am currently working as a Level 2 Security Analyst. Well I just received a raise for my yearly review and I am now making a little over 60k a year. I am just curious to see if some of you other folks on here are currently in the same type of position and what your salary ranges are? I am just trying to come to the realization of my salary and if I am in the average range as I have a figure in my head of 70-75k is what I should be making. Thanks and hope to get some good responses.

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I would say a little over 60 is pretty good. Most people with college degrees and certs cant get past 40's something to start. Give us a little background on how long you have been in the field etc.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    For strictly security positions, this is the first official position I have had where my job title is computer security analyst. Before that I have about 7 years in the field of Desktop Technician, Network Engineer, System Administrator, Help Desk.
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    You are on your way to making more. I would be happy with my pay at 60.

Are you taking any more certs? MCSA/CCNA/CCIE?
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    I only have a few contacts in the Denver area, but one of them is a junior/intermediate security guy making a similar amount. Given your qualifications I'm sure you'd see a salary increase if you moved to the northeast.
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    I am waiting to hear about our funding for training and from the looks of it my work is wanting me to get my SANS GCIH and from there I am not sure. I thought about the CCNA and others but from what I have heard and seen it doesn't seem like that will really help me in this particular position as I don't do anything with the network equipment directly. And in addition to that we are primarily a Juniper shop.