Options

Passed today

slcunhaslcunha Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
After 4 months of study and dedication a passed today with 858. In my opinion the best resources for study are: sybex and exam cram... The video classes are very superficial... Thanks a lot to all members of this forum...
Sérgio Cunha

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • Options
    zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
    Congrats and well done. Curious what versions of the books you used? I have access to an older Security+ book but not sure if it will cover all I need for the exam.
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Congratulations!

My questions to you:

Can you pass the test with only Sybex book and questions?

This is my only resource and it looks good enough.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Goldmember wrote:
    Congratulations!

My questions to you:

Can you pass the test with only Sybex book and questions?

This is my only resource and it looks good enough.

First of all congrats slcunha!

I personally liked the Sybex book the best. However, I found that the questions that came on the CD with the Passport book were the best to prepare you for what to expect on the real exam. It might be worth the $20 or so to pick that book up.
    You can probably pass with the Sybex Book alone... But I think again, the Passport book, while not in depth is a nice way to re-enforce that material in the Sybex book. You can easily zip through the Passport book in a weekend.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    slcunhaslcunha Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's possible to pass only with the sybex (I used the 2003 edition), but it's not cover all the domains for the test. One example is the part about IPsec, the sybex don't cover in depth ESP, AH, TUNNEL and TRANSPORT MODE, ISAKMP and IKE...You need to search in others resources, a good one is the technotes here in the forum...
    Sérgio Cunha
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    nice job !
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3