Western Governors Univ....Did you take their IT program?

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
I wanted to talk to anyone who has taken their IT degree program.

Could you double count exam's from credit?

These are the exams I need to pass

Sun Certified Java Programmer
CIW 510
CIW 520
CIW 441
Security+
Project+
MS 70-298

Exams I already passed
A+
MS 70-270
CCNA

Any help with this would be appreciated?
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I don't know specifically about WGU, but I've done a lot of reading on colleges accepting cert exams for credit.

The odds of duplicate exams being accepted or counting exams twice are extremely, extremely low. If you take two exams that cover different knowledge areas but still have some overlapping topics, those may still be counted. That's why it's usually OK to take Network+ AND Cisco's INTRO, for example.

You have to understand two aspects from the college's perspective:
    1. They are expected to obtain a certain amount of coursework in order to grant you a degree. This is especially important in terms of accreditation and state/federal laws.
    2. From a $$ standpoint, why should they give up the opportunity to make money? As it is, they're cutting their income by letting you take exams rather than pushing direct coursework, textbooks, courseware, class notes, etc.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I knwo for a fact that the NCM program at DeVry with count your CCNA for their NETW 202-208 courses.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus