Options

297 or 298 - which is easier???

dsimons2001dsimons2001 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just curious which test is easier? I am about to buy some study materials. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, but decided on 298. It is because I am more security orientated than messaging. I have heard that 297 is a good building block toward MCSE:Messaging. The 298 is the only design exam that counts for all MCSE's, if that makes a difference for you.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So does this means I should get my 297 first then messaging?

I am going for my messaging, for some reason I suck at security...
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm already WIP with 24 hours Exchange Webcast, but if doing 297 1st will improve my learning curve, I can just rearrange it and finish 70-297 first.
  • Options
    dsimons2001dsimons2001 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I need to take either the 297 or 298 plus the Security+ exam to finish up my 2003 MSCE. So basically I am just trying to figure out which will be easier so I can be done ASAP. Thanks.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The difficulty depends on your experience and interests. For example, if you're inexperienced with AD and do not find it to be interesting, 297 will likely be the more difficult of the two. Just go with whatever interests you. If you do 298 and Security+, consider adding on 299 or the ISA exam (351?) for the security specialization.