IPS test and IDS MC

livenliven Member Posts: 918
I don't see anything about the IDS MC in the blue print for the new version of the IPS test.

Yet is mentioned a lot in the study material for the old version of the IPS test.

Anyone know if the IDS MC is still covered?

I though the MARS was the going to be the defacto central management solution?
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not specifically an answer to your question about the new exam (though if it was me and it's not mentioned on the blueprint I'd still skim the section, besides the fact you may use it in the real-world there might be some side-reference to it in a question that a little knowledge might help to narrow your choices down, it doesn't hurt but don't focus on it). But whenever you deal with studying GUIs keep a few things in mind: Any sim like question won't be that hard, just like the SIMs in an MS exam the fact that it is a GUI means it is built to be intuitive, you don't need to memorise each and every button or config menu. Think of what they could realistically ask you, again it's not likely to be GUI specifics but functions, know what protocols they use to communicate, if there are any specific/serious limits on what you can do in the GUI Vs. CLI understand those too. With that in mind a quick skim for a few pertinent details won't be a waste.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Not specifically an answer to your question about the new exam (though if it was me and it's not mentioned on the blueprint I'd still skim the section, besides the fact you may use it in the real-world there might be some side-reference to it in a question that a little knowledge might help to narrow your choices down, it doesn't hurt but don't focus on it). But whenever you deal with studying GUIs keep a few things in mind: Any sim like question won't be that hard, just like the SIMs in an MS exam the fact that it is a GUI means it is built to be intuitive, you don't need to memorise each and every button or config menu. Think of what they could realistically ask you, again it's not likely to be GUI specifics but functions, know what protocols they use to communicate, if there are any specific/serious limits on what you can do in the GUI Vs. CLI understand those too. With that in mind a quick skim for a few pertinent details won't be a waste.

Hey thanks man.

Ya I was thinking I would just give a quick once over.

This test is just kinda intimidating me because of the lack of material on it.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.