291 Down

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Just got back from passing my 70-291. 3 more tests to go for my MCSE and now I have completed all the objectives for the MCSA.

I studied for 7 weeks using Syngress (for the first time) as my primary source and was very impressed with the layout and content. I also used my usual mats; CBT Nuggets, Transcender, and multiple machines in VMWare and as a bonus used Royal's sweet sticky thread to clear up the foggy areas.

Good thing my books arrived for the 293 yesterday, no days off for me. Back at it tomorrow.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I found 293 to be fairly easy only real new portion for me was CA, Clustering. Everything else was review from 291.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been waiting for this post of yours all day; way to make it suspenseful ;)

Congratulations!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote:
    Just got back from passing my 70-291. 3 more tests to go for my MCSE and now I have completed all the objectives for the MCSA.

I studied for 7 weeks using Syngress (for the first time) as my primary source and was very impressed with the layout and content. I also used my usual mats; CBT Nuggets, Transcender, and multiple machines in VMWare and as a bonus used Royal's sweet sticky thread to clear up the foggy areas.

Good thing my books arrived for the 293 yesterday, no days off for me. Back at it tomorrow.

Excellent news! congrats on your MCSA status!

<
    (dont forget to add to your avatar) OH WAIT YOU ALREADY DID!

Always nice to hear success stories for an exam you're studying for :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    dynamik wrote:
    I've been waiting for this post of yours all day; way to make it suspenseful ;)

Congratulations!

It was scheduled for 11:45, I could still be in there making you wait if I wanted to :P
    snadam wrote:
    Excellent news! congrats on your MCSA status!

<
    (dont forget to add to your avatar)

Always nice to hear success stories for an exam you're studying for :D

Done and done. :)
    I agree on the success story comment, always helps rekindle the fire.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    I envy you man! what was your score?

Congratulations!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats! See you in the 293 forum :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and good luck with 70-293.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    eltoro wrote:
    I envy you man! what was your score?

Congratulations!!

I received an 800, I had about 6 questions I marked for review that I narrowed down to 2 and then took the 50/50 guess. I likely missed a couple of those. I will take anything over a 699 on my first attempt.
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, nice job! What were the things you found the hardest in the exam?