Problem with job interview

bryantstewartbryantstewart Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a friend at Comcast refer me to a recruiter, and gets me an interview/testing date for a help desk phone support job. The problem is that I have fallen sick the day before the interview. I left my current job after 6 hours of my 12 hour shift today because of this. Do I call the recruiter and explain the situation and ask to reschedule? Or do I show up with a body aches and sore throat?

Thanks

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do I call the recruiter and explain the situation and ask to reschedule? Or do I show up with a body aches and sore throat?

Can you take enough tylenol to get you through an hour of feigning good health, and not be so loopy that you bomb the interview?

If yes, go for it.

If not then call to reschedule if possible, because if you go you'd probably bomb it anyway in that condition.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You at least must contact the recruiter and inform him/her what your situation is. The recruiter will then indicate if it's good to reschedule the interview or you should just slam Advil, Dayquil, and Chloraseptic and do your best. Either way, good luck!
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would call the Recruiter informing them of your condition, find out how soon can they reschedule the next interview, if it's going to be more than 3 weeks or more, your best bet is to take some medicine and go for the interview.

You want to grab opportunity as soon you hear them at your doorstep, you have no idea how many candidate are going for the position you applied, with this kind of economy, your best bet is to not make employers wait, you gotta grab opportunity by the horn.

Goodluck!
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Don't forget to take a packet or two of those 1,000mg powder vitamin C. It'll help you recover faster. The only time I got sick last year was when I stopped taking them and it only lasted for 2 days since I restarted taking them when I noticed what happened. Don't drink more then one or at the most two packs a day.

Emergen-C is a good brand and you can pick it up at walmart or walgreens.

I also agree with rescheduling it.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Be honest with the recuriter....they probably don't want your cold anymore than you did!

MS
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you hate your current and need a new job, then take the pill and suck it up on the interview.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • drew PDdrew PD Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd suck it up and head to the interview, but let them know your a bit under the weather so that if you're a bit off, then they'll know why.

It will also show them that you'd be willing to come in when your sick and spread all of your disease causing germs.

Actually, you're in a bit of a lose-lose situation.

Sucks to be you!!

Just kidding, I hope it works out either way and you get the job. But yeah, I would head in for the interview either way, both because it would show you're dedicated, and because if you reschedule, they might interview someone else in your place that will get the job.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Im tempted to say go for it anyway, I wouldnt want them to find someone else in the meantime.

Really depends who bad you are but if you really feel bad then call recruiter and take their advice.

Good luck and hope you fell better soon!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You at least must contact the recruiter and inform him/her what your situation is. The recruiter will then indicate if it's good to reschedule the interview or you should just slam Advil, Dayquil, and Chloraseptic and do your best. Either way, good luck!

+1.

But to be honest i wouldnt want to go for an interview if i wasnt 100%. i would only do so if there was no other choice.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking