Prometric Candidate ID

kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Bit of a funny one here, just noticed that the prometric candidate ID listed on my results print out is different to that of my normal MCP ID (and includes two letters in front of it)...is that normal?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Yup it's normal. You have to realize that you were assigned that number before you passed your first MCP exam (hence, no MCP # at the time). They have their own numbering convention.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh right cool, so that will be tied in with my existing MCP ID on Microsoft's side then I guess? It's not a massive problem but I just wanted to find out.
  • nazzeemnazzeem Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kingpeter wrote:
    Oh right cool, so that will be tied in with my existing MCP ID on Microsoft's side then I guess? It's not a massive problem but I just wanted to find out.

I was told the SR number is your student number at Prometric. So it is a completely different thing than your MCP ID which is your Microsft Certified Professional ID.
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses. Yes it appears you are correct, its just a number that promteric use to identify you by. My transcript has been updated to reflect the pass so all is well icon_smile.gif

Not sure which exam I'm going to be doing next but I'm thinking of doing the 70-350/351...anyone have any recommendations??