Great Success! <In the voice of Borat>

kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Passed the 291 exam this morning....thank the Lord that one's over and done with! I got a score of 820 which I was quite pleased with and I have to say it wasn't quite as bad as I thought. I put in a lot of study time so I'm glad it paid off.

There was quite a bit of WSUS in there and a the odd question or 2 relating to the 290 content. All in all not a bad exam though.

Thank you to everyone on the forums for your help, it's much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

It must be a great feeling to finally get that behind you.

I've been pushing mine back for months because of college. It perpetually haunts my dreams icon_evil.gif
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    kingpeter wrote:
    Hi guys,

I put in a lot of study time so I'm glad it paid off.
    May i ask how much prior experience you had, what you used, and how long you studied?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't really have much hands on experience (or any for that matter!) with the main topics covered in the 291 (configuring RRAS, setting up DNS zones, configuring routing etc.). I have done the 270 and 290 exams so the basic knowledge I had of DNS, DHCP, WSUS etc. came from there.

I studied for three months and used the MS Press Book as well as the TestOut video tutorials. One thing I have to say for the TestOut tutorials was that there was next to nothing in there regarding WSUS, literally just a brief overview of what it does. I had a good few questions on WSUS so I was a bit surprised that this had been left out of the course material. As long as you've set WSUS up and played around with it that's pretty much it though,

Having a decent lab setup to do the practicals is invaluable. I have VMWare setup with 2 DC's and a member server as well as 2 clients which served me well for the majority of the exercises in the book.

In terms of final revision I used the Exam Cram book and the Trascender practice questions.
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Congrats man!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done!!! :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man!
    I'm preparing mine and will be sitting for it before this month ends (... depends on how much pressure falls over me).
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    Nice one ,mate