Options

Passed

mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed Linux+ today. Just used the Running Linux book and Fedora and Mandrake distros. For those taking the exam if you have A+ already it will help with a lot of the general hardware questions.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats mbeaven :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    vantagevantage Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hmm im really thinkin hard about this linux+ from what i hear its easy i say ive used linux for like 7 months but i stoped using it for maybe a good 5 , i ran gentoo as desktop and slackware for servers , i had a couple servers i setup snort apache mysql bind ftp's puresecure and all of that crap on CLI i actually prefer CLI but anyway from like waht ive read for questions they havnt been that hard do you suggest i still studyand then what for? i mean i would hate to spend money and fail it
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    DisleyDisley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vantage wrote:
    hmm im really thinkin hard about this linux+ from what i hear its easy i say ive used linux for like 7 months but i stoped using it for maybe a good 5 , i ran gentoo as desktop and slackware for servers , i had a couple servers i setup snort apache mysql bind ftp's puresecure and all of that crap on CLI i actually prefer CLI but anyway from like waht ive read for questions they havnt been that hard do you suggest i still studyand then what for? i mean i would hate to spend money and fail it

id buy something related to the course (a second hand Linux+ study guide of some sort) and just read it - then if there are any holes in your knowledge you will find out what they are. It should help refresh your memory if you havent used Linux for a while, its fairly straight forward :)
  • Options
    vantagevantage Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i order the linux+ book and the second edition one **** i dont rememebr the name of it but i think its the study guide

but is the test pretty basic? and what about the RHCE? how is that cert i havnt heard much about it