CBT Nuggets

xerexbxerexb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going to study for the exam using CBT Nuggets. Can anyone make any other recommendations as to additional material or books that can help, or is CBT Nuggets enough to pass the exam? Thanks to all.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CBT Nuggets is not remotely enough to pass. It's a great resource and provided a few good laughs as well. Give the Syngress book a shot: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4350

Transcender is great for simulating the exam experience.
  • xerexbxerexb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now why on earth, if I completed the CBT Nugget would it not arm me with the knowledge to pass the test by itself? Is that not kind of false advertising on CBT nuggets part?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No. They're can't condense hundreds or thousands of pages of written information into 12-14 hours of video. They're a good supplement that provides a great overview of the material before you delve into it. However, nothing will beat a written resource (or two, or three) for the nitty-gritty details. I use them, and I recommend them to others, but it's not likely that you'll get by with them alone.
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Patch the Nuggetts with a prep material like Sybex & u should be fine. Cbtnuggets alone is not sufficient. My preps combined both the sources.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    xerexb wrote:
    Now why on earth, if I completed the CBT Nugget would it not arm me with the knowledge to pass the test by itself? Is that not kind of false advertising on CBT Nuggets part?

Because if people could pass certification exams with 12-14 hours of video or classroom training alone, we would be minimum wage workers. I think the McDonald's training is about the same length.
    All things are possible, only believe.