Questions about A+ UPDATE-PASSED OS, NOW CERTIFIED!

BackdraftBackdraft Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
UPDATE: Well, my wife gave birth to our daughter this morning, and I passed the OS this afternoon, on only 3 hours sleep! Thanks for all of your help and the great resources, now on to the Net +!

OK, I have been a computer tech for over 4 years now. I went to school for networking, and in practice I know what I am talking about. I got this job based off of my schooling, so certs werent an issue. But now I want to move on to another job, and I know the certs will matter. So I am planning on taking the A+. First question-Does it matter which A+ I take? I know the new one fully goes into effect at the end of June and is adaptive and the new one is not. How many questions are on the 2003 exam? I am confident in my PC knowledge, but I am literally scared to death of failing this exam... I have more ?, but I will post them later.

Comments

• orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum. I preparing for A+ core exam. I would like to ask you all expert how much preparation I need to do in order to pass. I am very nervous for first time. Is there any site I can take test question.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Orissa.
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Click at the top of this page on "Practice Exams" and you'll find several practice tests.

Backdraft,

You can find some answers here but you probably can't get
    unnervous,

http://comptia.com/certification/A/general_info.asp

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • BackdraftBackdraft Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I'm feeling particularly plucky. I have been taking all kinds of practice tests, and getting around 80% on them without having memorized any of the memory addresses or SCSI info. Seeing as I have most of that memorized now, I am going to schedule my A+ core for tomorrow morning, while everything is fresh in my head. Wish me luck. I hope my 3+ years of experience will serve me well.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck, Backdraft!
    Well, I went and took the test, and in my head it was easy, but apparently it wasnt. I passed, but only got a 594... I thought for sure I had done better than that. The woman administering the test said it was the fastest she had ever seen anyone take it (12 min). I dont like to second guess myself, so I just kept plodding along. Now on to the O/S test, and then bigger and better things... Thanks for the help and the practice exams. I will definitely be a regular to these forums!
    Congrats! And, welcome to the forum!
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    Giving this a bump to the top, because of the update! Thanks again!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Double Congrats Backdraft!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats....
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA